Full-service advertising agency seeks Media Buying Assistant
BBR, an award-winning, full-service advertising firm based in Lafayette, LA, is seeking a part-time Media Buying Assistant to provide support with traditional and digital marketing and advertising initiatives. The Media Buying Assistant reports to the Media Director and works closely with the Accounting and Billing Department as well.
The ideal candidate is well-versed in marketing principles and tactics and is interested in various media platforms and technologies. The position requires attention to detail as well as proficiency with numbers and billing. Bookkeeping or accounting experience is a plus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Media Department with all aspects of invoicing, including invoice matching and posting
- Provide research support for media planning—including readership surveys, circulation and trade figures, web analytics, audience tracking and television and radio ratings
- Communicate as needed with media vendors regarding file requirements, media availability and ad rates
- Monitor paid media placements to ensure accuracy and effectiveness; work with vendors to resolve problems
- Keep detailed records of media purchases, and report on expenses and schedules related to media buys
- Highly organized and reliable, able to meet deadlines and maintain accurate, error-free files and records
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive, professional demeanor for working with clients, vendors and agency staff
- Comfortable managing multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Able to adapt to unexpected changes to client objectives, priorities or budgets and respond quickly; able to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Drive and commitment to producing top-quality work that meets agency and client goals
- Critical thinking skills to identify potential problems and find solutions
- Self-motivated and eager to work as part of a larger team
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or 3-5 years experience in bookkeeping or records management
- Candidates must be available to work at least 20 hrs/week in our Lafayette office. Schedule to be determined by the Media Director and agency needs.
Things That Are a Plus
- Knowledge of syndicated tools used by media buyers, including systems like FreeWheel (formerly Strata), comScore, SRDS, DoubleClick and Strata Market Profiler.
- Proficiency in Excel and/or Google Sheets
To apply for the BBR Media Buying Assistant position, please send a cover letters and resume to email@example.com. Please put “Media Buying Assistant” in the subject line. No calls, please. Applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.