Full-Service Marketing Agency Seeks Business Development Executive
BBR Creative, an award-winning Lafayette, LA-based digital marketing agency, is seeking a full-time Business Development Executive to focus on B2B customer acquisition. Primary focuses are to identify and generate leads, cultivate relationships and manage prospects through the sales process with the explicit goal to increase sales and agency revenue.
The Business Development Executive will conduct initial discovery meetings, identify opportunities with prospective clients and be responsible for developing proposals, presentations and pitches to offer solutions for client needs. The Business Development Executive will also follow-through and manage all sales activity with the expectation of bringing on new accounts as established by annual goals. Must be energetic, well-spoken and eager to close sales and increase revenue.
The successful candidate will be a highly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical and tenacious, and can effectively execute sales functions for the organization. Candidate should be marketing minded with a broad interest in and understanding of the key tactics associated with modern digital marketing and advertising (creative services, social media, SEO/SEM, email marketing, content marketing, E-commerce, media services, display advertising, etc.). Having worked in an advertising agency or as a marketing director, particularly in the food and beverage sector, would be a plus.
The Business Development Executive will be a key player in the Sales and Marketing Department and reports directly to the C-Suite.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with agency leadership to secure new accounts
- Develop customized targeted sales strategies with a focus on sales goals, planning and forecasting
- Maintain short- and long-term business development plans
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities
- Direct research of potential leads to gain insights
- Qualify leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, trade shows, etc.
- Maintain database (Salesforce, CRM, Hubspot, Excel, etc.) of prospective client information and sales administration
- Utilize multiple sales techniques to reach and engage prospects
- Cold call skills to make multiple outbound calls to potential clients
- Meet all quotas for cold, active, inactive calls, appointments and interviews
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Promote and position the strategic & tactical values of digital marketing programs
- Quickly develop value-based business relationships with B2B prospects and leads
- Seek to understand client challenges and needs, offer solutions and support
- Work with BBR discipline directors to develop strategic recommendations for prospective leads based on internal collaborative approaches
- Develop customized proposals for prospective clients
- Create informative presentations for delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Respond to client requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Close sales and work with clients through closing process
- Seamlessly transfer new accounts to designated Account Executives and assist with new client on-boarding processes
- Four years of proven sales experience
- Should have: Cold calling experience; previous experience in outbound call center; inside sales experience; or other related sales experience
- Book of business with history of positive outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field preferred
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing and friendly demeanor
- Eager to expand company with new sales, clients and territories
- Persuasive, goal-oriented, self-motivated and self-directed
- In-depth understanding of company services and its position in the industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to demonstrate patience and enthusiasm while communicating with potential clients
- Able to professionally and confidently communicate with C-Level Executives
- Able to work accurately under stress and pressure to meet competing deadlines
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills with ability to multitask
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Tenacity to handle rejection and continue on with a positive attitude when reaching next potential client
- Knowledge of sales process from initiation to close with proven sales results
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and possesses CRM experience
- Candidate must be available to work in-person from one of our locations in Lafayette, LA or Baton Rouge, LA with flexibility to travel frequently for client pitches/presentations
- May require attendance at after-hours networking events
Things That are a Plus:
- Experience working in an advertising agency with a focus on digital marketing
- Experience in the food & beverage industry, whether consumer packaged goods, specialty foods or food service
- Experience working as a marketing director, or in another high-level marketing position
- Experience with CRM tracking software, such as Salesforce or Hubspot
To apply for the BBR Business Development Executive position, please send resumes to email@example.com. Please put “Business Development Executive” in the subject line. Applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.