BBR Creative is kicking off our fourth annual Hygiene for Humanity Toiletries Drive to benefit those experiencing homelessness in our community. Each year, BBR collects toiletries and hygiene supplies to supply local shelters and charities supporting those in need. Last year’s drive netted 700 pounds of items, and this year we hope to double that amount!
All items collected will be donated to The Outreach Center in Lafayette. This wonderful shelter helps connect individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Acadiana with the resources they need to secure a second chance at life. Since 1990, they have helped hundreds of families reclaim their confidence and get a fresh start by providing housing, counseling and additional support. Services include long-term case management, life skills training, job placement assistance, transportation, and access to health care, education and child care.
Hygiene for Humanity will run from Nov. 26 to Dec. 20. Donated items can be dropped off at the BBR Creative office in Lafayette, located at 300 Rue Beauregard, Building I. If you need us to pick up your items, please just give us a call to make arrangements: 337-233-1515.
Download a pdf flyer with the list of items here.
Items that can be donated:
- Travel-sized soaps, shampoos, conditioners, body wash, lotion (hotel-sized toiletries)
- Full-sized soaps, shampoos, conditioners, body wash
- Toothbrushes/toothpaste (regular and children’s)
- Disposable razors/shaving cream
- Small or collapsible laundry baskets
- Packs of hangers
- Unscented & lightly scented lotion
- Feminine hygiene products
- Reusable water bottles
- Powdered laundry detergent/liquid bleach
- Liquid body wash
- Paper towels
- Bathroom tissue
- NEW towels and washcloths
- NEW twin-sized blankets and sheets
- NEW pillows
For more information, contact Cali Mitchell at [email protected] or call 337-233-1515. Financial donations to The Outreach Center can also be made here.