(Lafayette, La.) The Iberia Parish Tourism Community Development Fund, a component Fund of Community Foundation of Acadiana (CFA), recently awarded $91,108.23 through its third and final grant cycle.
The Fund was established with dollars allocated for Iberia Parish from the BP Louisiana Tourism Recovery Fund, administered by the State of Louisiana Office of the Lt. Governor, Department of Culture, Tourism and Recreation. The State of Louisiana, BP, Iberia Parish Government and Community Foundation of Acadiana partnered on this project to attract tourists to Iberia Parish and boost its economic vitality after the Gulf Oil Spill. Grants were made to nonprofit organizations in Iberia Parish with scheduled cultural events. The following organizations received a grant through this cycle:
- Iberia Cultural Resources Association’s “Beneath the Balconies” to be held October 27, 2012
- New Iberia Main Street Program’s “El Festival Espanol de Nueva Iberia” to be held November 17, 2012
- Greater Iberia Chamber of Commerce’s “Island Hopping, Christmas Shopping & Cajun Ice-Skating” to be held November 29, 2012 through December 2, 2012
- New Iberia Museum Foundation’s “Permanent Food Industry Exhibit” to open January 17, 2013
- Bunk Johnson/New Iberia Jazz, Arts & Heritage Festival, Inc.’s “Best Blues, Beans, Jazz & Peas Contestival” to be held March 30, 2013
- City of New Iberia Parks & Recreation Commission’s “New Iberia Dragon Boat Festival” to be held on March 23, 2013
The selection process was facilitated by the board of directors of the Iberia Parish Foundation, an affiliate of Community Foundation of Acadiana.