Are you keeping up with your target market and their expectations of you and your brand?
In this day and age, technology is ever-changing. If we are going to reach younger audiences, we as marketers must do our part to stay up to speed on the latest trends. Let’s face it — people expect to find information about your business online. Whether it’s your website, Facebook page, online blog, e-newsletter, YouTube channel or other social media site — you need to be accessible to stay in the game.
If you’re in doubt, consider this:
2011 High School Graduates –
- Watch 11 fewer hours of TV per week than the average American
- Watch nearly three hours more mobile video than mobile subscribers as a whole.
- Send 3,364 text messages per month – that’s more than twice as many as 18-24-year-olds do!
- Only talk an average of 515 minutes per month, only their grandparents talk less per month.
- Live in a social media world — almost 80 percent visit social networks and blogs daily!
So how do you plan to market to a consumer that watches less TV, texts like crazy and is easier found online than by phone? Perhaps it’s not what you say, but how you say it that makes all the difference.
Source: The Neilson Company, June 2011