I never imagined that interning at BBR would be such a blast. This summer I had the privilege of spending three weeks with the team. I was able to tour the vendors that BBR works hand-in-hand with — Vidox, KATC, Action Specialties, Tri-Star Graphics, TownSquare Media — meeting great people and learning something special about each one of them.
I must say, though, while visiting these vendors was fun, it was in my last week that I had the best experience an intern could ask for. I was a part of a real photo shoot. Yes, me, the intern. Obviously, I did have to work — getting participants to sign release forms — but the best part was that I was able to give my input and even sit in on some shots!
Yup, that’s me (the customer, not the CC’s barista). Oh and did I mention that I was the Art Director of the shoot for a whole hour? Pretty cool stuff.
In addition to getting some great experience, there are a few other things I’ve learned at BBR:
- Coffee works miracles
- The phone never stops ringing
- Photo shoots are as fun as they seem
- Birthdays are never overlooked and always celebrated with a delicious cake
- Monday agency meetings are a great way to see everyone’s morning faces
- Keeping it professional when working with your mother is a must
You may have guessed “Oh, you must be Cherie’s daughter!”
Really? I’ve never heard that one before. :-)